Southwestern Stew Pot Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 4-qt. Dutch oven, brown meat in oil over medium heat; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add carrots; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans, corn and chilies; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender. Season with hot pepper sauce if desired. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Stew Pot
Sort By :
"very tasty and quick to prepare."
"That was tasty but no way I could served 8 servings without rice so I have cooked rice to served with it. I put 1 pound beef instead of 2. We don`t like too savory so I added less salsa and I used Italian style diced tomatoes + little bit sugar."