Southwestern Stew Pot Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 4-qt. Dutch oven, brown meat in oil over medium heat; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add carrots; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans, corn and chilies; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender. Season with hot pepper sauce if desired. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Stew Pot
Sort By :
very tasty and quick to prepare.
This is one of my favorite Recipes to make ever. I do sub the Tomatoes and Green Chillies with Rotel Tomatoes Original, it is just easier to make it and cheaper also because you don't have to purchase them separate and it gives them the South Louisiana kick I am looking for. I have been making this for a long time and will keep making it till the day I die. Thanks. Oh and Rice is a must with Tabasco Sauce.
That was tasty but no way I could served 8 servings without rice so I have cooked rice to served with it. I put 1 pound beef instead of 2. We don`t like too savory so I added less salsa and I used Italian style diced tomatoes + little bit sugar.
This is a really easy but awesome dish. Two thumbs up for sure.