Southwestern Steak Salads Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the spinach, red pepper, tomatoes and onion; divide among four serving plates. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, picante sauce and taco seasoning. Slice steak against the grain; arrange over salads. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 290 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Steak Salads
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.