Southwestern Star Dip Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup olives, chilies, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle tomato on top in the shape of a star; outline with remaining olives. Sprinkle onions around the star. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
2 tablespoon: 124 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Star Dip
"I love this dip! I have taken it to many potluck type events and if I'm not careful, there isn't any left by the time I make it thru the line! :) everyone wants the recipe and you'll see why after you try it!"
"I make/take this recipe everywhere and it is a hit. Everyone want the recipe. It's great and easy to do."
"I have enjoyed TOH recipes for many years, and my family LOVES this recipe. I am always asked for the recipe when I take this...."
"I've made this every year for Christmas since the recipe first debuted in Taste of Home. My family insists on it, and I love bringing it to parties. It's beautiful and tasty."
"I have been making this recipe for years and it is always a hit!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.