Southwestern Star Dip
"I enjoyed this sensational dip at a Holiday party and begged for the recipe," recalls Joan Hallford from North Richland Hills, Texas.
21 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup olives, chilies,
- garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in.
- pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until hot
- and bubbly. Sprinkle tomato on top in the shape of a star; outline
- with remaining olives. Sprinkle onions around the star. Yield:
- 2-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 124 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.