"I enjoyed this sensational dip at a Holiday party and begged for the recipe," recalls Joan Hallford from North Richland Hills, Texas.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup olives, chilies, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle tomato on top in the shape of a star; outline with remaining olives. Sprinkle onions around the star. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Southwestern Star Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p8
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Star Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review