- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup olives, chilies, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle tomato on top in the shape of a star; outline with remaining olives. Sprinkle onions around the star. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Star Dip
Sort By :
I make/take this recipe everywhere and it is a hit. Everyone want the recipe. It's great and easy to do.
I have enjoyed TOH recipes for many years, and my family LOVES this recipe. I am always asked for the recipe when I take this....
I've made this every year for Christmas since the recipe first debuted in Taste of Home. My family insists on it, and I love bringing it to parties. It's beautiful and tasty.
I have been making this recipe for years and it is always a hit!