Southwestern Spuds Recipe
I came up with this attractive side dish when my best friend unexpectedly stayed for dinner. While my husband grilled pork chops, I perked up potatoes with tasty taco fixings. The results received rave reviews. This recipe is even quicker to fix with leftover baked potatoes. —Penny Dykstra Porterville, California
- 3 medium potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- 1. Pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender. Cool slightly; peel and cut into 1/8-in. slices.
- 2. Arrange half of the potatoes in a greased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Repeat layers. Top with onions and olives.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 245 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC