Southwestern Spuds Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- 1. Pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender. Cool slightly; peel and cut into 1/8-in. slices.
- 2. Arrange half of the potatoes in a greased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Repeat layers. Top with onions and olives.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 245 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Southwestern Spuds
"Easy, foolproof, and tasty!! You can be creative and add things like ground beef to make it a main course, or double the recipe for a crowd. Can't go wrong with this family fave. It's also too affordable not to make it often!"