Southwestern Spuds Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- 1. Pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender. Cool slightly; peel and cut into 1/8-in. slices.
- 2. Arrange half of the potatoes in a greased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Repeat layers. Top with onions and olives.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 245 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Southwestern Spuds
"Easy, foolproof, and tasty!! You can be creative and add things like ground beef to make it a main course, or double the recipe for a crowd. Can't go wrong with this family fave. It's also too affordable not to make it often!"