- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients except last two. Pour half the batter into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with chilies and cheese. Pour remaining batter over all. Bake at 375° for about 45 minutes or just until set. Serve warm with a spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Spoon Bread in Country February/March 1992, p49
Reviews for Southwestern Spoon Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2009
This is a great recipe, just make sure you reserve enough batter to cover the top.