Southwestern Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, salad dressing and cumin.
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, beans, mushrooms, pepper, onion and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with eggs. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 169 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Spinach Salad
"I've made this wonderful salad several times and everyone that tries it loves it."