Southwestern Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, salad dressing and cumin.
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, beans, mushrooms, pepper, onion and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with eggs. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup salad with 2 tablespoons dressing (calculated without additional picante sauce) equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.