This recipe came from a newspaper a few years ago and became a keeper after a trial at my family table. It's a delightful salad that will surprise your taste buds. Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, salad dressing and cumin.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, beans, mushrooms, pepper, onion and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with eggs. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p26
Reviews for Southwestern Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review