This recipe came from a newspaper a few years ago and became a keeper after a trial at my family table. It's a delightful salad that will surprise your taste buds. Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
Recommended: Salad Recipes Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, salad dressing and cumin.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, beans, mushrooms, pepper, onion and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with eggs. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p26
Reviews forSouthwestern Spinach Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2009
"I've made this wonderful salad several times and everyone that tries it loves it."