Southwestern Skillet Burgers Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs and taco seasoning and mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove patties; drain.
- 3. Add tomatoes and soup to the skillet; return patties to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 patty with 1/2 cup tomato mixture equals 483 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 945 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Skillet Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.