- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs and taco seasoning and mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove patties; drain.
- Add tomatoes and soup to the skillet; return patties to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Southwestern Skillet Burgers(3)
Sort By :
This sounded simple so I made it and absolutely loved it! Even my picky 2 year old ate it.
My husband usually hates skillet burgers because they're so dry. We have this often because they turn out nice and moist and have good flavor.
I really thought the bean with bacon soup sounded a little funky, surprise! It was fantastic! It gave everything so much flavor, I was amazed! Hold the salt everywhere else though, that soup is salty. I would absolutely make this one again!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheeseburgers >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >