- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (7 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 8 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Deli coleslaw and pickled jalapeno slices, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Place roast in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with seasonings. In a small bowl, mix onion, tomatoes, chilies and jalapeno; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. If desired, stir in cilantro. Serve on rolls with cheese and, if desired, coleslaw and pickled jalapeno. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Shredded Beef Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p60
Reviews for Southwestern Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review