Southwestern Scallops Recipe
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sea scallops (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1. In a small bowl, mix seasonings. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with seasonings, pressing to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add wine to pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in remaining butter until melted. Serve with scallops. Yield: 4 servings.
3 scallops with 1 tablespoon sauce: 180 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Southwestern Scallops
"Very tasty! We loved the sauce & would've eaten more of it. Since three scallops aren't enough for hungry men, when I make it again, I'll buy more scallops & maybe double the sauce."
"OMG - SOOOOOOO delicious!! Served with sundried tomato couscous...got rave reviews & fits in wonderfully with a low sodium diet! Many thanks!#"
"These were sooooo good! I served them with a parmasean & spinach orzo pasta."
"We made it with with a roasted red pepper and basil quinoa and brown rice blend. It was a great meal!"
"very good and simple to fix...."
"This was fantastic! I served it with rice pilaf, tossed green salad and a bottle of wine. We drained the scallops and reserved the liquid. When we added the wine to the skillet, we added the liquid, too. We'll definitely make this again!"
"I made this dish for a dinner party last night. I served them as appetizers. Everyone devoured them and commented on the taste. The sauce you pour over the scallops is what makes this dish. Will be making again."
"Absolutely delicious. Very easy to double. Have served it numerous times and never had a complaint. Thank you."