"My saucy sea scallops are popular at dinner parties-plus, they're in my repertoire of easy weekday meals. The seasoning gives the sweet shellfish a pleasant kick." —Maggie Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings. Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
- Rub seasoning mixture over scallops.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- and firm. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add wine to pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned
- bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by
- half. Stir in remaining butter until melted. Serve with scallops.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 scallops with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 180 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.