- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sea scallops (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with seasonings, pressing to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add wine to pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in remaining butter until melted. Serve with scallops. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Southwestern Scallops
Sort By :
OMG - SOOOOOOO delicious!! Served with sundried tomato couscous...got rave reviews & fits in wonderfully with a low sodium diet! Many thanks!#
These were sooooo good! I served them with a parmasean & spinach orzo pasta.
We made it with with a roasted red pepper and basil quinoa and brown rice blend. It was a great meal!
very good and simple to fix....
It turned out great and was really easy! I served it with a summer salad and risotto =)
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >