Southwestern Sausage Skillet Recipe
- 1/3 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups (prepared with reduced-fat sausage) equals 393 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,000 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Sausage Skillet
"In terms of time to cook and difficulty, it was great. Fast and easy. However, it just wasn't that good and the buttermilk curdled as soon as it was added. Pretty average."
"I dont eat meat but I made this for my family and they loved it. I added some extra spices to make it hotter but otherwise this recipe is great."
"Very easy to make. I tripled the recipe as I had 1 lb of bulk sausage in a chub. We loved the taste of this and it made excellent leftovers for my lunches."