Southwestern Roast Beef Sandwiches
When we have leftover roast beef, I like to make these tasty grilled sandwiches that get their zip from pepper Jack cheese and green chilies.Stephanie Stokley, Springfield, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 slices cooked roast beef (2-1/4 ounces each)
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 canned whole green chilies, halved
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. On the unbuttered side of two
- slices, layer the beef, cheese and chilies; top with remaining
- bread, buttered side up.
- In a large nonstick skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray,
- toast sandwiches for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 381 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.