When we have leftover roast beef, I like to make these tasty grilled sandwiches that get their zip from pepper Jack cheese and green chilies.—Stephanie Stokley, Springfield, Missouri
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 slices cooked roast beef (2-1/4 ounces each)
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 canned whole green chilies, halved
- Butter one side of each bread slice. On the unbuttered side of two slices, layer the beef, cheese and chilies; top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- In a large nonstick skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray, toast sandwiches for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Roast Beef Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p19
Reviews for Southwestern Roast Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2012
"This sandwich is delicious with or without the cheese, I like to make mine with sour dough bread. Enjoy..."