Southwestern Rice Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 1 cup cooked wild rice, cooled
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine salsa, salad dressing, cumin and salt; shake well.
- 2. Pour over rice mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 257 calories, 4 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0.55 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.