- 2 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 1 cup cooked wild rice, cooled
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine salsa, salad dressing, cumin and salt; shake well.
- Pour over rice mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Rice Salad
Sort By :
This was alright for us. Definitely better the next day, and it wasn't bad heated up either. I think it was too much salsa though. A whole cup was definitely more than I wanted to eat though. Probably won't make this again unless some modification are made.
I used brown rice and navy beans and it was very tasty.
I made this the first time for a bar-b-que where a number of the people would be older and did not like spicy food. I used a mild salsa and they loved it. The next time I made it I used a medium salsa and mixed a little orange peppers in for color. You can change this up depending on who will be eating and their preferences. Terrific!
I came across this recipe while looking for meatless dishes. My husband and I love the flavorful mixture! It has quickly become a favorite with rice, beans and the southwest flavor. I use brown rice instead of long grain for the great taste.