Southwestern Rice Bake Recipe
Whenever I have a hard time planning dinner, my husband requests his favorite bake. Often, I use it as an entree, served with warm tortillas. Other times, I eliminate the meat and present it as a spicy side dish.
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes and green onions, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, beef, sour cream, 3/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, chilies, salt and pepper.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with olives, tomatoes and onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 612 calories, 36 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 811 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC