- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes and green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, beef, sour cream, 3/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, chilies, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with olives, tomatoes and onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Rice Bake
Sort By :
"We like this, but I used 1/2 pound of ground beef with 1/2 large onion and taco seasoning in place of the called for plain ground beef. I forgot the green onions, but added the black olives with the rice mixture and baked it. We ate it with fresh, diced tomatoes on top. Very good!"
"Delicious and so easy! I love one dish meals."