Southwestern Rice and Bean Salad
This salad has a definite Mexican influence with the beans and picante sauce. I've made it for many get-togethers, and it's been well-received.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 126 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.