Southwestern Pulled Pork
The best way to describe this tender pork recipe is "yummy!" Bottled barbecue sauce, canned green chilies and a few other kitchen staples make preparation fast and easy. We like to wrap the seasoned pork in flour tortillas.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chilies, tomato sauce, barbecue
- sauce, onion, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cut pork in half;
- place on top of tomato sauce mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8-9
- hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork. When cool enough to handle, shred meat using two forks.
- Return to slow cooker and heat through. Spread on tortillas; top
- with sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired; roll up. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or