Southwestern Pulled Pork Recipe
The best way to describe this tender pork recipe is "yummy!" Bottled barbecue sauce, canned green chilies and a few other kitchen staples make preparation fast and easy. We like to wrap the seasoned pork in flour tortillas. -Jill Hartung Colorado Springs, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chilies, tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, onion, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cut pork in half; place on top of tomato sauce mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove pork. When cool enough to handle, shred meat using two forks. Return to slow cooker and heat through. Spread on tortillas; top with sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired; roll up. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC