- in batches. Remove and set aside.
- In same pan, saute jalapeno and garlic in drippings 1 minute. Stir in
- broth, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon and pork. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Add corn, beans and chilies; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, cornmeal, cheese and sugar;
- stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured
- surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in.
- biscuit cutter. Arrange over meat mixture. Bake 15-18 minutes or
- until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup meat mixture with 1 biscuit equals 351 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.