- in batches. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute jalapeno and garlic in the drippings for 1
- minute. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon
- and pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour
- or until pork is tender.
- Add the corn, beans and chilies; heat through. Transfer to a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cornmeal, cheese and sugar;
- stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured
- surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in.
- biscuit cutter. Arrange over meat mixture. Bake at 400° for
- 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup meat mixture with 1 biscuit equals 351 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.