Southwestern Pork Salad
As pork producers, we're proud to cook and serve the delicious product we raise. This tempting salad is refreshing and colorful. It's a succulent showcase for pork. I know your family will enjoy it as much as we do.
-Sue Cunningham, Prospect, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked pork loin strips
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, beans, onion, green pepper, tomato
- and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour
- over salad; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6
- hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 450 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 29 g protein.