Southwestern Pork Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked pork loin strips
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pork, beans, onion, green pepper, tomato and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 450 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Pork Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.