Southwestern Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops(1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, broth, chili powder, oregano, cumin and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in remaining oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour tomato mixture over chops. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°:. Using a slotted spoon, serve over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwestern Pork Chops
Sort By :
pork chops were tender and moist. perfect for most people . Would serve to guests as is. but for me--more heat.
These pork chops were really good, lots of flavor, I would definitely make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >