I adapted a pork and squash stew recipe, using tomatoes and Southwestern-style seasonings. My husband and sons loved it, and the leftovers were even better the next day! Try it with fresh corn muffins. —Molly Newman, Portland, Oregon
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, brown pork and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Pork and Squash Soup in Slow Cooker Recipe Cards 2012 2012, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwestern Pork and Squash Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review