- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook pork in oil in batches over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until juices run clear; return all to the pan. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, corn, salsa and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain pasta; add to pork mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve desired amount of pasta with sour cream. Cool remaining pasta; transfer to freezer containers. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen pasta: Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in an ungreased shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwestern Pork & Pasta
Sort By :
"Serves 10? Really. Sounds good but even half of this is to much."
"Great recipe. Makes alot"
"I just copied the recipe......I have not had a chance to even purchase the pork, let alone to prepare, then eat this dish."
"This was soooo good! It makes a whole lot, so next time, I'll cut the recipe in half. I opted to not use pasta, and served it over a baked potato instead. With a nice dollop of sour cream, it's absolutely delicious. This recipe is a keeper for sure!!"