Southwestern Pizza Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups (10 ounces each) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, cayenne, chili powder and salt. Combine the milk, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the cheeses.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and one envelope of taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and remaining taco seasoning; mix well. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with the beef mixture and half of the cheeses.
- 5. Combine the corn, beans and salsa; spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 460 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 1,041 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.