Southwestern Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) small pasta shells
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the vinegar and toss to combine.
- 2. Stir in the celery, onions, green pepper, peas, corn, olives and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into pasta mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 295 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Pasta Salad
"was o.k but not one of our favorites."
"Very tasty. We used black beans instead of the peas. I might try cubed cheese in it next time."