This satisfying salad has a nice blend of textures and flavors. I appreciate its make-ahead convenience when I'm entertaining. —Ann Brown, Bolivar, Missouri
- 1 package (16 ounces) small pasta shells
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the vinegar and toss to combine.
- Stir in the celery, onions, green pepper, peas, corn, olives and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into pasta mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Pasta Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p228
Reviews for Southwestern Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review