- 1 package (16 ounces) small pasta shells
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the vinegar and toss to combine.
- Stir in the celery, onions, green pepper, peas, corn, olives and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into pasta mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Pasta Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p228
Reviews for Southwestern Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2013
"was o.k but not one of our favorites."
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2012
"Very tasty. We used black beans instead of the peas. I might try cubed cheese in it next time."