Southwestern Pasta & Cheese Recipe
- 3-1/3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pepper and onions in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, chili powder, chipotle pepper, salt and cumin until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese until melted.
- Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Stir in bacon and cilantro. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Pasta & Cheese
Sort By :
I have made this several times and it is always a winner with my husband who loves spicy food! Has a good distribution of smoky and spicy.
Fantastic! Will definitely make again, the heat level was perfect, totally customizable and easy to put together. Yum!
This was great! I doubled the recipe to serve at a party and added a bit more cheese. Made a ton of yummy food! We also used wagon wheels instead of bowties. Delicious and great reheated the next day, too.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >