“I'm a busy wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother who loves to cook,” writes Janet Miller from her home in Midland, Texas. “This warm hearty sandwich is a convenient way for me to serve a complete meal that tastes great.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 slices oat bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with sugar, garlic salt and lemon
- juice. Spread over four slices of bread; layer with ham and cheese.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Spread butter over both sides of sandwiches. Cook on an indoor grill
- for 2-3 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.