Flavors of another region spark the eggs in this recipe from Patricia Collins of Imbler, Oregon. "Hearty home-style food is popular in our small farming and timber community," she writes.
Featured In: Panini Recipes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and jalapeno in oil until tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour eggs into the same skillet; cover and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the onion mixture, bacon, tomato, avocado and 1/2 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold omelet in half over filling. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Omelet in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review