Southwestern Mini Muffins
Spicy foods are popular here in the Valley of the Sun, and these muffins certainly aren't bland-tasting. They can easily be made into an appetizer - just split them in half and top with a thin slice of ham or cheese.
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, seasoned salt and
- pepper. Add cheese; toss well. Stir in chilies, egg, mustard, milk
- and butter. Pour over flour mixture; stir until dry ingredients are
- moistened. Spoon into greased mini muffin cups. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until done. Turn out onto a rack to cool. Yield: 36
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.