Spicy foods are popular here in the Valley of the Sun, and these muffins certainly aren't bland-tasting. They can easily be made into an appetizer - just split them in half and top with a thin slice of ham or cheese.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Add cheese; toss well. Stir in chilies, egg, mustard, milk and butter. Pour over flour mixture; stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into greased mini muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until done. Turn out onto a rack to cool. Yield: 36 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Mini Muffins in Country Extra July 1992, p47
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2009
"These are horrible. No taste at all."