Southwestern Mini Muffins Recipe
Spicy foods are popular here in the Valley of the Sun, and these muffins certainly aren't bland-tasting. They can easily be made into an appetizer - just split them in half and top with a thin slice of ham or cheese.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Add cheese; toss well. Stir in chilies, egg, mustard, milk and butter. Pour over flour mixture; stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into greased mini muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until done. Turn out onto a rack to cool. Yield: 36 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Mini Muffins in Country Extra July 1992, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Mini Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >