Southwestern Meat Loaf Pie Recipe
My family loves spicy foods, so my files are filled with recipes that call for salsa and cumin. This pie can easily be taken to the harvest fields in summer and fall.—Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas
- 1 egg
- 2 cups salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Additional salsa, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, 3/4 cup salsa, cracker crumbs, cumin, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes; drain.
- 2. Combine the rice, 1/2 cup cheese and remaining salsa. Spread over meat shell. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serve with additional salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 276 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Meat Loaf Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC