Southwestern Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, corn, green pepper, red onion and olives.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lime juice, oil, vinegar and seasonings; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 163 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.