Southwestern Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, corn, green pepper, red onion and olives.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lime juice, oil, vinegar and seasonings; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"I made this for a cookout and doubled the sauce recipe. Glad to say that all the adults really enjoyed it but none of the kids liked it much. Will make again but for big BBQ's where more adults then kids will be present. I also added a can of black beans which is a yummy addition :)"
"Made this for a luncheon where most everyone likes spicy Mexican. Most felt it needed double the dressing (slightly dry)and double seasoning, although they basically liked it. It may have tasted better, if it had chilled overnight, I only chilled it about 2-1/2 hours. So, I would make it again doubling the dressing/seasoning, and adding some cilantro."
"So tangy and flavorful. So much better than mayo drenched macaroni salad. I also garnished with pepitas."
"very good flavour! Too much salt, next time I woudln't add the salt."