From Standish, Maine, Nancy Clancy writes, "This salad is like having salsa mixed with macaroni--it's yummy! It serves a lot, which makes it a great side for any gathering. I sometimes add a little cayenne pepper for those who like it hot.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, corn, green pepper, red onion and olives.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lime juice, oil, vinegar and seasonings; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Macaroni Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p49
Reviews for Southwestern Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review