Southwestern Lentil Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients and shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 330 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Lentil Salad
"The original recipe didn't have enough flavor or color. I added diced carrots, green chilies a small amount of olive oil, shallots and green onions... very yummy"