"Cumin goes so well with the beans in this salad," conveys field editor Denise Baumert of Dalhart, Texas.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients and shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Lentil Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p57
Reviews for Southwestern Lentil Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2013
"The original recipe didn't have enough flavor or color. I added diced carrots, green chilies a small amount of olive oil, shallots and green onions... very yummy"