"Cumin goes so well with the beans in this salad," conveys field editor Denise Baumert of Dalhart, Texas.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients and shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Lentil Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p57
Reviews for Southwestern Lentil Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2013
"The original recipe didn't have enough flavor or color. I added diced carrots, green chilies a small amount of olive oil, shallots and green onions... very yummy"