Southwestern Layered Salad Recipe
- 8 cups shredded romaine
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 3-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- CILANTRO DRESSING:
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/4 cups minced fresh cilantro
- Sliced ripe olives, cherry tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Place the romaine in a large salad bowl. Arrange some egg slices around edge of bowl; place remaining eggs over romaine. Top with tomatoes. In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans and onions; spoon over tomatoes. In another large bowl, drizzle lime juice over avocados; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle avocados over tomatoes; spreading to sides of bowl.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lime juice, cumin and chili powder. Stir in cilantro. Pour dressing over salad. Garnish with olives, cherry tomatoes and cheese if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Layered Salad
"I made this about 1 hour before eating and refrigerated it. I found it to be pretty soggy and would recommend anyone that try this recipe to serve immediately."