- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 corn tortillas (8 inches), halved
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, olives, salt, garlic powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg; set aside. Spread one-third of the meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half the Monterey Jack cheese, half the cottage cheese mixture and half the tortillas. Repeat layers, ending with meat sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Lasagna
Sort By :
"My family loves this and is always begging me to make it again."
"Followed recipe exactly, except used 2lb of hamburger (that is how we have it packaged when we have beef processed.) My husband and 9 yr old daughter loved it. New favorite in our home."