Southwestern Lamb Chops Recipe
"This flavorful yet not too spicy sauce for tender lamb is our family's favorite," informs Margaret Pache of Mesa, Arizona. "It's tasty with any choice of grilled meat," she adds.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup halved sliced sweet onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup fresh orange sections
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 8 New Zealand lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, jalapeno, cumin, salt if desired and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture begins to simmer. Stir in onion.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to the sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in oranges and cilantro; keep warm.
- Grill lamb chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with orange sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Lamb Chops in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Southwestern Lamb Chops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilled Lamb >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Lamb >
- Lamb Chop Recipes >
- Lamb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >