Southwestern Hot Dogs Recipe
"Plain hot dogs are dressed up with an appealing Tex-Mex flavor in this recipe," reports Marion Stanley of Joseph, Oregon. "I made these stuffed hot dogs for my kids when they were young and later for my grandchildren."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 hot dogs
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut a 1/2-in.-deep lengthwise slit in each hot dog. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each.
- 2. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 347 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC