"Plain hot dogs are dressed up with an appealing Tex-Mex flavor in this recipe," reports Marion Stanley of Joseph, Oregon. "I made these stuffed hot dogs for my kids when they were young and later for my grandchildren."
Recommended: All-American Recipes for Your Memorial Day Cookout
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 hot dogs
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut a 1/2-in.-deep lengthwise slit in each hot dog. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Hot Dogs in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p64
Reviews for Southwestern Hot Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2012
"Hands down the BEST hot dogs my husband and I have ever had!"