Southwestern Hot Dogs Recipe
"Plain hot dogs are dressed up with an appealing Tex-Mex flavor in this recipe," reports Marion Stanley of Joseph, Oregon. "I made these stuffed hot dogs for my kids when they were young and later for my grandchildren."
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 hot dogs
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut a 1/2-in.-deep lengthwise slit in each hot dog. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Hot Dogs in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p64
Reviews for Southwestern Hot Dogs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2012
Hands down the BEST hot dogs my husband and I have ever had!