This recipe has been in our family for a long time, but I'm not sure where it originated. Though it has a Southwestern flair, we love it here in Missouri.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) golden hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat
- for 5-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 96 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 574 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.