This colorful cheese-topped dish gets its great flavor from green chilies and a variety of seasonings. "It's sure to add pizzazz to most any meal," assures Martha Holland of Reno, Nevada.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) yellow hominy, drained
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet that has been coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add the hominy, tomatoes, chilies, chili powder, cumin and pepper; mix gently.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Hominy in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p38
Reviews for Southwestern Hominy Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review