- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) yellow hominy, drained
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet that has been coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add the hominy, tomatoes, chilies, chili powder, cumin and pepper; mix gently.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Hominy in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p38
Reviews for Southwestern Hominy Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2011
"Have been looking for new ideas for side dishes. Really enjoyed!"